In the feature manager...

In the feature manager: When I right click a part or assembly in an assembly should there not be a 'set to lightweight' not just 'set to resolved'? I have tried the drop down arrow and the customize button on this drop down to. Or was it a dream of mine that one day I did this?

If it is possible what options setting am I missing?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

If it is already suppressed or lightweight, it will say "set to resolved", and not "set to lightweight".

If it is resolved, it will say "set to lightweight", but I don't believe there is a situation where both can be in the menu at the same time.

Ben Eadie wrote:

Reply to
matt

Weird I don't have (when a part is set to resolved) "set resolved to lightweight"? No idea where it went...

Reminds me of last week I was unable to select the origin point for dimensions, but this week this is not a problem, I guess this bug took a holiday and the "set resolved to lightweight" stepped in to fill the spot.

Must be some sort of sun spot cycle not aligning with the planets and the horse head nebula thingy????

Hahahah (weird Hahahah not funny Hahahah)

Frustrated.... Ben

matt wrote:

Reply to
Ben Eadie

Reply to
matt

No dice... but thanks on that tip I did not know how to do that

Ben

matt wrote:

Reply to
Ben Eadie

oh, now THAT"s funny.

How Customize > Keyboard > Add Shortcut > Macro > Browse for macro (NOT in your SW\Macros folder?)

Reply to
Fye

I have a similar random problem that shows up regularly.

When I roll-back in the feature tree, sometimes I want to roll-forward one feature at a time (for troubleshooting usually). The rollback bar is tedious to grab sometimes. So what I have found is easier is to right click on the feature below the rollback bar and select "roll forward" (I think that's the right wording). However, sometimes this option is there, and sometimes its not.

When I was on SW2005, at some point this command disappeared and never returned. I never could figure out what happened to it. Right now it is gone in SW2006. But it may show up again later today, when it gets done with its coffee break : )

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Seth

There is an easier way to navigate the rollback bar in the feature tree. In tool-options-feature manager, check 'arrow key navigation'. You can then use the arrow keys to move the rollback bar up and down once it is selected.

Mike

Reply to
SW-Mike

COOL!!! I learnt something new. I have always had the arrow key navigation checked. But I thought that was simply to highlight features, sketches, parts, etc. with the arrow keys. I had no idea it would control the rollback bar. Never tried it...

There is only drawback to this. My original problem with the rollback bar is that it is difficult to grab very quickly. That is why I opted to use the RMB, roll forward option when trouble-shooting the feature tree. Usually when I am trouble-shooting, I edit most sketches and features as I am rolling thru, just to verify them. When I do that, the arrow key navigation method still requires me to at least highlight the rollback bar each time, which brings me back to the original problem.

It will work for me in some cases. And I WILL be using this trick from time to time, I'm sure. But, I just wish my stinking RMB command to stay put!!!!

Reply to
Seth Renigar