Industrial precasts and buildings

We work in a company that makes industrial precasts and buildings. We would like to know if it's possible to create mathematical rules between soldi structural elements by a program language. Sorry for my poor English!

Reply to
Caivano

"Caivano" a écrit dans le message de news:cjtml6$a6r$ snipped-for-privacy@carabinieri.cs.interbusiness.it...

You can write equations to define the dimensions in your parts/ Assemblies. And elaborate ones. You can use a base sketch if the values you are using in the equations are not dimensions.

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

"Caivano" a écrit dans le message de news:cjtml6$a6r$ snipped-for-privacy@carabinieri.cs.interbusiness.it...

This could help- VBA in Equations

Jean Marc BRUN

There would be two approaches:

  1. If you are working to a code like ACI (American Concrete Institute*) then you may be able to put some checks into equations or even better into a design table. I have done this for hole spacing in tension members per the AISC.

  1. If you need to "analyze" your components then a code like Cosmos/M or NENastran is the way to go. You can model true concrete behavior and the effect of reinforcing steel. There are also programs dedicated to designing concrete.

  2. It is relatively easy to design the layout of reinforcing steel in concrete with SW, but because of the high repitition numbers you may find performance to be a bottleneck. You will however be able to accurately calculate your concrete to steel ratios and get cross section information.

Also you could write a full VBA app using the SWX API, this would give yout he most flexiblity and will almost certainly allow you to do what you want given enough time.

Reply to
Brian Bahr