Charles Durio, Food Chairman
Date: Tuesday, 6/7/05
Time: 6:30 - 9:30pm
Place: Automatic Systems, Inc.
9230 E. 47th St
Kansas City , MO 64 133
816- 356 - 0660
Main Topic: The back side of SolidWorks - development.
Guest Speaker: Brian Harrison
We, as SW users, hardly ever get to see what happens "behind the curtain" at
SW. If you have attended SolidWorks World in the past, you might have a bit
more insight into the workings of the corporation through conversations with
SW employees. But for most users, what you see & hear in public is pretty
much it. Now, at the next meeting, we will have a unique opportunity to
"look under the hood". Our guest speaker is a 10 year veteran SW employee
whose title is "Director, Drawings Development" and in his position, is very
much a part of what happens behind the scenes. How is the software tested,
who decides what makes it into a release, how do you make sure that a fix in
one area doesn't kill some thing else, etc. Ever wonder about those things?
Or maybe it's just me.. Take advantage of this opportunity - plan to
attend.
If you go to
and put in the address, it has a good map for
you. In general, ASI is down the hill from the stadiums at 47th St. &
Raytown Road.
We are still in need of someone to work on the website - let me know if
that's something you have always wanted to try, but didn't know how to
start.
Mark your calendars and plan on attending. Remember, the meetings are
always good information, good company, and good food. Talk to your
co-workers and suggest they also attend. As usual, please reply to this
email with your confirmation of attendance so we know how much food to have
on hand. I don't know what the menu will be yet, but we have yet to have
any complaints.
Wayne Tiffany
President
Reply to