Lock SW BOM

Export it out as an excel file and then bring it back in as a table.

Is there a way of locking a SW BOM so that it will never change?

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

tools>options>doc properties>detailing>bill of materials> uncheck auto update of bom

Reply to
kenneth

What version are you running? I have 2006 with SP 4.1 and that option is not there.

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

it's there.

the drawing is required to be open to access document properties.

Reply to
kenneth

Never Mind, I found it

Thanks

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

So, what if I don't want the order to change (expecially when changing a configuration), but still want the values to up-date? I suppose I can play around with this, but if anybody has input, I would be interested.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

one option, drive the order from assembly. rmb on bom, follow assembly order. then in assembly, hold alt key, drag components to desired order.

i've always arranged my assembly tree in this fashion, easy to find things. alpha-numeric works well, imho.

Reply to
kenneth

Thanks-I'll try it.

jk