measure time in assemblies

Hi

Does anyone if there is a program that measures the time SolidWorks uses to solve each mate. It would also be very nice to see how long it takes to rebuild each subass/part.

I have been thinking about which mate is fastest, for instance, is it faster to mate parallel to front plane (or right, top) instead of mate coincident or parallel to another part? Or distance 0 instead of coincident? Two holes, concentric or the two centrelines coincident. And so on.

Kind regards

Klaus Sabroe

Reply to
Klaus Sabroe

I know there is no such program, otherwise I'd be the author ;-) Mates are not solved independently. Think about 3 points being mated "at distance" from each other : you have to solve all three "at the same time" in order to find the positions of each. In reality, SW uses an iterative process which involves solving many times the same mate. In other words, the way mates are organized matters much more than the mates themseves. Especially, loops in mates are deadly for the rebuild time. Have a look at

for a tool that displays the assembly structure as a graph. It will help you "debugging" your mates.

Yes. It would only be possible with a "custom rebuild" which would build the components models one by one. I'll consider this for the next version of

Philippe Guglielmetti

It's faster to mate from behind.

Respect

Reply to