Sheets

Could these be product enhancement requests or can these be done another way?

1, I would Like to able to copy a sheet in a drawing document, the reason?

In a sheet with lots of dimensions, to have another identical sheet, with the dimensions spread across the two sheet makes for easier viewing for the shop floor guys.

2, I would to to be able to show a close up view of a particular part of an assembly in a circle to show small details, without having to have another sheet showing this. Basically a balloon and leader with the up scaled view in it.

Just a :-P comment, these can be done in Autocad 97/2000 light! , ;-)

Yes, I know solidworks is better, but these are little niggles that drive me nuts.

Send for the men in white coats!

Have a nice day! :-)

Reply to
Priorclavepf

Doh!, The second request is already there!

Reply to
Priorclavepf

#1-A Could probably be done using a macro record inserting the views on sheet one and playing it back on sheet 2. I just tried this and it did insert the views. I don't think it will always give you an exact copy but it is a start and if you have the time you could create a whole macro to copy everything you want........Wait a minute there might be a bug. Called the var he is checking on it. It seems that after playing the recorded macro without editing it caused this drawing to be permanently in a command. Not allowing me to even close it. It didn't affect anything else that was opened, and I was able to close it and save the changes using Windows>Close All

#1-B you could select all your views in sheet 1 (ctrl select from the tree) CTRL-C flip to your new sheet, click in the middle of the sheet (this lets SW know about where you want to paste) CTRL-V and SW will drop all your views and their dims in the new sheet.

#2 Is already a capability.....as I see you just figured out =^)

Regards,

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich