SW06 Mate Problems

Has anyone else noticed problems with mates in SW2006? Simple things like trying to coincident, parallel or distance mate two parallel faces and getting an error telling us that it can't be done because the angle between the faces is 0 degrees.

Jerry Steiger

No problems here with SP0 now on SP1, I did notice my assembly going a little hay wire but it was easily fixed

Reply to
John Suhr

I to have found that 2006 and mates results in more red flags than previous. The one thing that has been strange is that a rebuild usually cleans them up. Even when adding a simple mate overdefines other mates that have no relation to the mate just added. Having to do a rebuild after almost every mate is really a pain and time wasting venture.

Reply to
her

If I recall correctly, when 2006 first came out, people were having mating issues, especially with legacy data. SW stated something to the effect, that in previous versions, SW would ignore a certain amount of mating issues that are actually overdefining the assembly. SW 2006 now flags those mates. Additionally, the tolerance was increased for certain mates. Maybe thats what you are running into. It would be helpful to be able to set your own tolerance for certain things.

Reply to
Brian

yep, I've had that one on more than one occasion

Kev

Reply to
awtltd