SW06 Selection Problem

My two colleagues are starting to run SW06 now. One is on SP 0, one is on SP

  1. They've been having intermittent selection difficulties. The most painful one is when suddenly they can't select anything in the graphics window and have to shut SW down and restart. Another happens when, in the middle of defining a feature, they try to select a plane, say, from the flyout menu and it won't select. They can get it to select by exiting out of the feature and trying again.

We're running XP, SP2, on Athlon processors with a Quadro 4 750XGL video cards. These problems sound like they could be video card related. The adaptor application shows they are running two different drivers, 7.1.8.4 and 4.3.5.1. I think that means 6.14.10.7184 and 6.14.01.4351 on the SW Graphics card testing page, both of which are approved.

Jerry Steiger

We are seeing similar things here since upgrading to SP 1. It's very frustrating.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

Me three. Same thing. Quadro FX2000. SW2006 Sp1 on Win XP. I don't think it happened in SP0 just now in SP1. I also have issues when sketching. For example sketching a three point arc I sometimes get no preview of anything. I have to sketch the arc as if my eyes were closed.

KMaren

Reply to
ken.maren

I had a similar problem selecting planes when putting mates in an assembly. I talked to my VAR who reproduced it. SW issued SPR 286508. It looks like the problem popped up in SP1.

Brian

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Brian Putnam

I think I found a "reset button" for this issue. When you/they are having this issue, just have them toggle between the four view and back to single view.

KM

Reply to
ken.maren

I checked again and the fellow working on SP0 isn't sure that he has seen the "can't pick anything in the graphics window" problem, so it could very well be an SP1 issue, as Rob suggested.

We've seen this problem with both SP0 and SP1. No good work-around found so far.

Jerry Steiger

Thanks, Ken! I forwarded this on to the guys using 06. If it works, it sure beats saving, closing down, and restarting.

Jerry Steiger