Move the origin to another plane

Hi People,

I made a sketch on the top plane and I extruded it up to ± 50mm. Than I made a new plane1 on the top of the extrude part. Now I would like to move the origin from the Top plane to the Plane1 .

I tryied but....

Can somebody help out ?

Thanks anyway,

snipped-for-privacy@agivdsteeg.com

Reply to
Exert_20

First, you'll have to redefine the new plane independently of the extrude. Then reorder the plane so that it's above the extrude in the feature manager.In the feature manager, right-click on the sketch for the extrude. You should see an option to edit the sketch plane. Select the new plane.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

You can't move the origin. You have to move the the data around it.

Regards,

Reply to
Scott

You could use move body to move the point of the body to the origin. You can use a sketch point and the origin to move the body so the origin is exactly were you want. I have done this for exporting to SurfCAM with the correct origin.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Maybe I don't get it, but couldn't you extude the other direction (down)?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Did you right-click the Sketch, and choose "Edit Sketch Plane"?

Mr. Pickles

Reply to
Mr. Pickles