Moving a feature

Can I move copy or pattern a feature by defining the translation direction and distance by picking 2 points??

Reply to
Phil Evans

Apart from the Move/Resize mode, no. And that won't eally allow picking points. You'll probably have to redefine your feature, since your design intent has probably changed anyway.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Search for sketch driven pattern

Reply to
Robin Boudreault

If you use the sketch driven pattern, you can pattern a feature using selected points.

You can move or copy bodies within a part or parts within an assembly from one selected point to another selected point.

If you're just trying to directly compare SW's way of doing things to some other software package, you'd be better off just learning SW instead of trying to force it to work like something else.

Reply to
matt

It looks like sketch driven pattern is what I need, thanks

Reply to
Phil Evans