Nextengine and Rhino (Thanks Muggs)

Thanks Muggs, I'll have to look into this in more detail.

This could be a cheaper option and more useful, for me at least, than having to upgrade to upgrade from SolidWorks Professional to Premium.

That is unless the import Rhino plug-in is only included in SolidWorks 2007 Premium, could someone confirm which version of SolidWorks 2007 has the import Rhino plug-in available?

John Layne

Copied this from another thread

Just got this yesterday from McNeel (the makers of Rhino): > >
> Rhino V4 is dew (just giving Wayne something to do) out any time now. > BTW, I'm signed up for your breakout session on Tuesday, and I am VERY > much looking forward to it. > > Muggs >
Reply to
John Layne

I believe all versions of SolidWorks 2007 have the Rhino import plug-in. I'm pretty sure I've seen this in our office pro version but I'll check Monday.

"John Layne"

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

Hey John,

The Rhino add-in for SW has been available for quite some time now, but SW2007 incorporates it in as is, without having to go to the Rhino website and get it for yourself. So if you're still in SW2006 or before it is available. Let me know if you need it and have a hard time locating it.

Muggs

John Layne wrote:

Reply to
Muggs

Hey John,

Just in case:

HTH, Muggs

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Muggs

Just as a general note: The nextengine scanner software is standalone, works completely independantly of solidworks and saves out a variety of files. I own modo which I use for polygonal stuff and I can save an .obj file out of Nextengine, open it in modo where it will show up with textures intact and just click render - pretty cool. I've scanned my face and hand that way for fun. (Note: The lasers are 'eye safe' and low power - but still I closed my eyes - and with them closed I was thinking gee, I wonder if I'll be able to tell when the laser hit's my eyelid.... - then ARghh -as red light illuminated my eyelid - it was not dangerous but I laughed at my timing (note to self, wear sunglasses next time)

Zander

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Zander