obscure minutia

You can use it to select things inside it. Hence, "envelope".

Reply to
Dale Dunn

"Wayne Tiffany" a écrit dans le message de news:oNese.158$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sisna.com...

Is that for 2k5 --> . Does not seem to work here - 2k4

Reply to
Jean Marc

In addition you can create a sketch as an envelope part. If you mate the sketch into an assembly multiple times and then mate other things to the sketch then when you move one item in the sketch all the instances of the sketch will move. This would be very difficult to do otherwise.

In the old assembly line demo an envelope was used to show the area in which an operator would stand.

Reply to
TOP

Just a reminder that having the edges turned on takes more power, so if you are dealing with a large model, turning off the edges can make a significant difference.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Jean,

I am not sure about SW2004. I don't have access to it. But before you give up, make sure the status bar is visible under View>Status Bar.

Reply to
Seth Renigar