OT Help my M60 wont shut down

Sat here at my wits end, my new Dell M60, XP pro hung up in SW2001+ Shut down via task manager but Windoze is now hung "Windows is shutting down" for last hour. Do I have to wait for battery to run down, Ctrl/Alt/Del no effect.

Reply to
Andrew Rodgers

don't wait, pull the battery out now. :)

Reply to
kenneth b

Just punch the power button. If it does not turn it off, hold the power button if for ~4 seconds and it will turn off. You may be asked to run Scandisk on the next boot-up.

Leo

Reply to
Leo Hursh

In message , Leo Hursh writes

Many thanks Leo, I just was not holding the button down long enough. Now to get back to work I hope and catch up.

Reply to
Andrew Rodgers