OT Peter Jennings Reports

I can see neither of you place much legitmacy in theory. You know sometimes the only stumbling block that may limit its applied practicality is technology.

You must assume that human technology is the most advanced even as planets outside our solar system are being discovered, astronomers say that discovering an earth like planet is just around the corner.

Reading your both your comments, its funny how you both argue about how to agree with one another, a paradox ?

So Alcubierre's *theory* expands on GR rather then contradict it.

Here's another non-mathematical description of the Alcubierre's Warp Drive

Alcubierre Warp Drive is purely a consequence of the subtleties inherent in Einstein's General Theory of Relativity. Spacetime, the union of one time and three space dimensions, is dynamic according to General Relativity. It can be twisted, deformed, and possibly even engineered by concentrations(random or selective) of mass/energy. Alcubierre's Warp Drive alters spacetime in such a way that the region directly in front of the ship contracts, while the region directly behind the ship expands. The net effect of this is that the ship is propelled on a weightless geodesic path through spacetime.

Reply to
John Scheldroup

I'm in his UFO show to be aired in a week or two. Here's a picture of me in my backyard by the side of a UFO.

The link below offers a clear message from the aliens of the UFO -- that will generate world peace and joy!

The Psychedelic Pope

Pretty poster

Wish I had one of these
John

Reply to
John Scheldroup

Many things weren't possible until they were possible.

Reply to
aether

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool."

Richard Feynman

"The first law of motion an object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force."

Sir Isaac Newton

The first principle of motion is that an object at rest does not fool itself and an object at rest tends to be the easiest thing to fool.

John

Reply to
John Scheldroup