Pcad data to populate Solid Model

I remember at the first What's New presentation they showed us how we could populate a PCB with the components by using Pcad files/data.

But now I can't see to locate this feature/option. Anybody know where to find this or how to do it?

As I recall having tried it after the presentation it didn't work but it was only a Beta version then.

Thanks

Reply to
Navy Diver

You need to export the PCB layout to IDF format. These have several extensions depending on what board layout package they came from,

*.EMN;*.BRD;*.BDF;*.IDB.

Also the component libraries have to contain a "Z" (thickness) value. It may be that Pcad does this by default, don't know. With Protel, we had to edit the libraries and add the value.

SW will read these IDF files and constuct a 3D PCB automatically.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM