Photoworks material (transparent plastic with glitter specks)

Anyone successfully made a material like this?

I'm playing with settings for metallic multi layer paint, with little success.

Here's an idea of what I mean:

--Matt Schroeder

Reply to
Matt Schroeder

I think that your best bet for this is getting an image of the sparkle. Then use to create new material with texture mapping.

Reply to
Jeff

Off the top of my head - I would probably add a decal to the part of a solid patch of metallic color, then use a transparency mask (created in an image editing program - jsut a black field with white dots on it, really) to eliminate everything form the decal except the flecks you want.

For different color flecks, add mroe decals with new transparency maps.

Reply to
ed1701

Good idea. This should look good considering how the decal lays shouldn't create any issue with the desired look. NICE!

KM

Reply to
ken.maren