Possible Stupid question!

Hello All,

I can't seem to figure out how to make a detail drawing on a new drawing sheet. On Sheet 1 draw a circle and create a detail view, now how can I move the detail view to Sheet 2?

TIA, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

try the "infamous" ctrl x (cut) & ctrl v (paste)

Reply to
kenneth b

Create your detail circle on sheet 1, select the detail view (while in sheet

1) from the tree or drawing view, use ctrl-x to cut the view, then switch to sheet 2 and ctrl v to paste.
Reply to
Matthew A. Bush

Yea, I tried that but SW says that the item on the clipboard connot be copied.

Rebooting to see if that helps.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

OK, after restarting SW and trying again, I got the same message three times in a row, then it worked.

Go figure!?!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

click in the graphics screen (on the sheet, a small cross will appear) "before" you paste. should work every time.

Reply to
kenneth b

Try drag the view in the tree from sheet one to sheet two... should work

Krister L

"Muggs" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Krister L

yep, I was just going to jump in with that, but Ken beat me to it. This one got me too at first.

jk

Reply to
jk

Bingo! That was it. Oh, I feel like a dope.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

You shouldn't be feeling like a dope. How the hell were you supposed to know that clicking in the graphics area was required? The guys at SW who handle drawings are the ones who should feel like dopes!

Jerry Steiger

I wouldn't call anyone a dope, but it does tell you this in the help file.

Why?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

You got me; I'm the dope!

Jerry Steiger

...the only stupid question is the one you don't ask, because you still don't know the answer!

my 2p

JAG

Reply to
JAG