Problems after using SWX Explorer

Hello all,

If I use SWX Explorer, close it, then open a file without restarting SWX, all of the keyboard short-cuts, (stock and custom), are gone. As well as a good portion of the icons. Everything works from the pull down menus though. Any thoughts?

Reply to
Jake Hamilton

Keyboard shortcuts suddenly not responding has been a problem for many years. Although the problem has become less and less frequent with every release. As a matter of fact, I can only think of this happening maybe 3-4 times since SW2004. I personally never noticed any relationship between this problem and using SW Explorer. Is this repeatable after a reboot?

Also, what version are you using?

Reply to
Seth Renigar
2004

Reply to
Jake Hamilton

Well, I think you might well ask Bill Gates about his famous Registry.

Several time this has happened to me over the years and I can't say why.

I gave up and reinstalled a couple times, because I thought it was easier than anything else.

There are some Registry items that can be deleted to let SolidWorks rewrite defaults, but I don't know enough to recommend how to do this.

Boi

Reply to
bclawson

This would explain the keyboard shortcuts not working, but why would the menu bar buttons gray out?

Reply to
Jake Hamilton

Jake:

No thoughts, but I'm guessing that you're using SWExplorer within SWX.

I never do this. Don't know why, it just don't seem right. If you have problems, I'd suggest running it outside SWX and see if that fixes your issues.

Todd

Reply to
Todd