PW2: preview window

More times than not..what I see in the preview window of photoworks has off times been quite what happens when I do the rendering. Maybe this is just me
and my crazy sense of getting what I am asking the computer to do.
I see the window show exactly the results of what I want...materials. lighting, etc...etc. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say.... about to rent a Pirate boat, sail to Boston and shoot that big cannon that I have sitting on the bow at SW to see if anything happens...cuz email rarely do. (j/k about the emails that is, they never do.....heheheheheh)

The key to this frustration lies in the fact that if you have your PW options set to "use Solidworks materials" then the preview window will not update (gross oversight by the programer) material attributes under the illuminations tab. I don't know if this is still the case in 2004. Set your settings to "overwrite Solidworks materials" do all of your color settings in PW dialog.