Question: SW and BOM's

I have Microsoft Works instead of Microsoft Excel.

Can I generate a BOM in my Solidworks drawing with 'Microsoft-Works'?

WV

Reply to
western1812

If you can afford Solidworks, why don't you have Excel?

Reply to
Dominic V

As usual, the moronic smart-asses seep from the cracks.

Believe it or else, my new laptop did not come with Office(Word, Excel)

A trip to Best Buy tomorrow will fix that, no go away.

Reply to
western1812

Thank you TOP, that all I needed to know.

Cheers.

Reply to
western1812

Excel is not required to generate BOMs for drawings ( at least in

2005/6). Excel is only be needed if you tie the bom data to an external file. If the bom is only for internal sw use, excel is not needed. Insert-annotations-tables-bill of materials.
Reply to
Brian

However, Excel is still required for Design Tables.

Reply to
Sporkman

The question was about BOM's. Not Design Tables.

"As usual, the moronic smart-asses seep from the cracks." These are o

all forums, so you'll have to get used to them

Reply to
SteveMS

Be careful who you call a moron, smart-ass. You might end up being considered a moron yourself. Excel is NOT required for SolidWorks' own native BOMs which first were introduced with SolidWorks 2005, but that doesn't mean that Excel isn't required to make proper use of SolidWorks' capabilities.

Mark 'Sporky' Staplet>

Reply to
Sporkman