Re: Configurations and in-context components in SWKS 2004

Mike (and All),

I have to qualify my observation.

The multiple in-context relationships I described did survive the dissolving of the sub-assembly; however, the ability to modify them alternately thereafter (by toggling the active configuration) was only temporary.

Once the top level assembly was saved, closed and reopened, those in-context relationships became "orphaned".

Still my h> > Lo and behold, it's now possible to have in-context components

> configured so that driven dimensions/relations are properly displayed > > in both active and inactive configurations. > > Pretty cool eh? This new feature really caught my eye and I did > experiment a little. I was able to see it in action and was impressed, > but didn't push the envelope on it. I was going to wait until a newer > beta was out before doing so. > > Thanks for posting this Per. I'll have to investigate this some more. > > Mike Wilson
Reply to
Per O. Hoel

Something that always bugged me is when you double click a feature in a part in your assembly, and you try to edit a dimension, you get that message "Can only edit dimensions in the active configuration". You have to open the part to make a change.

I would have thought this limitation would be eliminated, but I just tried it on Beta2 (not the newer one) and I still get the message.

I haven't had time to install PR1.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson