Re: Crashing when moving parts in 2003 SP3.0

Sounds like a defective graphics card to me.. have your reseller replace the card with different card.. might try booting in VGA mode to prove the point.. however that is an ugly way to work ..

updating to a newer graphics driver might work my guess is the card.

neil wrote:

guesses... > 1) I have had some mysterious crashes that cleared up with a newer graphics > driver > 2) since you upgraded some of your option settings have changed > 3) move up to sp 3.1 or sp4
Reply to
Ed Russell

Yep I had exactly the same problem on 2003 SP3.1

It only happenend in one assembly i was working in with 1000 plus parts, when i moved the part prior to mating it came up with the same error.

Our var reckoned it was our network not being able to cope with the data.

since getting new machine compaq 2.5Ghz, 1GB ram, Matrox millenium card , have found SW to be much more stable apart from this one problem.

It would be nice to work locally from hard disk as this works wonderfully, but in the real world with a few designers in the office, we have to keep the data on the network.

Yours

Rob

Reply to
Rob