Re: Dimensiong Help Needed

I would love to have the option of doing the 2D drawings in AutoCAD but the company I work for has invested all their money into Solidworks and to hear me moan that yes, Solidworks is amazing for 3D and 3D to 2D, but soley for

2D drawings it isn't, I don't think they would be too happy.

Still management knows best as they say.

Reply to
David

Hi Matt

Is there a way to switch off the automatic dimension appearing when I create an offset, so I can just dimension it manually?

Reply to
David

"David" wrote in news:D6Kac.6132$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

No, there isn't a way to do that in SW04 besides deleting the dimension.

matt

Reply to
matt

David, Ask your company to invest a little more and buy a seat of Visio Technical. SolidWorks can use it to create the 2D drawings you need.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Autocad LT is a relatively cheap way to retain good 2D functionality--it's a lot easier to justify $500 than $5,000....

Reply to
Michael

You can right click on the offset dimension and Hide it. Adding a new dimension will be a "driven dimension", but it will be located on the end of the lines. Of course the original offset dimension can also be changed to "driven" & hidden (RMB), but then you might as well delete it.

Don H

Reply to
Don