Re: FREE one-year Engineering magazine subscriptions

"Expert"

I'm guessing that it is not generally a good idea to give out your company's info in order to get a subsription for these magazines. What are the consequences of subscribing to a couple of these magazines? Will we start getting SPAM through the fax, phone, e-mail, you name it? Are there any catches? If there are any free and riskfree Design, Engineering and/or CAD magazines available in Canada could someone please let me know?

Thanks, Loopers

Reply to
Loopers

You must have told the truth the 2nd time, Scott. These mags don't give you subscriptions unless you're an engineer AND at least head of purchasing for a big company.

'Spork'

Scott wrote:

> I used to get Machine Design, Design News, Desktop Engineering, and Computer > Graphics. I loved reading those magazines. Heck I kept them for reference > material for a while....but when I left my old job and went to a new one. > They wouldn't change my address, so I filled out there free subscirption > again and nope I wasn't quailified for it this time??? I was before why am I > not now? I have tried numerous times and I still can't get an issue from > them. > > Bittered by the tradepub.
Reply to
Sporkman

Yes, but just to prove that we spoke today, in what city were you born?

Reply to
Mickey Reilley

I get machine design as "design engineer".

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Maybe they figured that, as owner, you won't be doing any designing. They even send it to the apartment. That reminds me, I need to give them a change of address to the house before the forwarding wears off on the appartment.

Reply to
Dale Dunn