Blue Screen Crashes

I am getting blue screens with our new installation of SWX 2003 SP3.1. We are running a P4 2.40 GHz, with 1 GB of RAM and a 3-D Labs Wildcat VP870 Video card. I am also using a logitech 3 button scroll wheel mouse model M-BJ58. The problem seems to occur when using the scroll wheel to dynmically zoom in and out my models. Each time that I can recall, the blue screen came up as I was zooming in and out with the scroll wheel. Our OS is XP with service pack 1 and all of the latest HOTfixes have also been loaded. Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem is? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg Lawrence Mech. Des. Eng. Trudell Medical Int'l

Reply to
Greg Lawrence

Three ideas:

1) Try using a different (earlier) driver for your Logitech mouse. 2) Same for your Wildcat, if the first idea doesn't work. 3) I've actually (believe it or not -- heh, heh) experienced corrupted installations of SolidWorks 2003, and did nothing but uninstall and reinstall multiple times to correct it. Didn't even edit the Registry . . . just uninstalled and reinstalled about five times.

'Spork'

Greg Lawrence wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

I could be a video driver issue since you are crashing when you zoom. Try restarting your computer in VGA mode and try the same thing and see if you crash then. if not then it's a video card or video card driver issue.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

What version of the VP drivers are you using?

Jim S.

Reply to
Jim Sculley

That crash is an issue with the VP line of Wildcat cards. It has been fixed with a beta driver that you have to ask for from 3dlabs. Email snipped-for-privacy@3dlabs.com and tell them your story of woe. They should allow you access to the beta drivers section to resolve this issue.

Reply to
Gregory Wirtel