Re: SW 2004 Pre-Release 1 now available on subscription site

this is the new general public PRE RELEASE 1 (it does not have beta3 in 'about')

The download is a little larger in size. So, it doesn't appear to be the > same.
Reply to
Navy Diver

Did they document the differences? I'm on edge to jump to the new release, as all of our problems are supposedly resolved in 2004.

Reply to
Jeff Norfolk

I Couldn't find any Service Pack maintenence notes on this release just for 2003 so far. Prabably wouldn't see anything till the final release.

Reply to
Larry Jedik

Also, I wonder if the file size increase is with the additional Solidworks Professional software that should be included with the initial release? I still see the downloads for all the PDM/Works and toolbox stuff as separate downloads so I'm assuming they are not yet included.

Larry Jedik Currier Plastics Inc.

Larry Jedik

ah... I love an optimist. What new ones will you get instead?

Reply to
Michael

SEVERAL. If you have to use splines and add coincident mates GOOD LUCK getting rid of all the red and yellow errors that it creates. Also trying to create axis on non uniform surfaces doesnt work any more. If you want to print a selection area, make sure you have enough paper to print the same space on each sheet you have in your drawing file. The new BOM format is worse than the old one. The only good thing about it is that you don't need excel to use it. At least they gave us the option to keep using the excel based ones for now if we have to.

These are just a few to make you think twice before jumping in

Reply to
John

I'm often harsh so I was trying to have a positive attitude. 2003 has been such a dog for us that I can only hope for the best. From what I've seen in my experiments with the 04 Beta, our top nagging problems will be resolved.

Reply to
Jeff Norfolk

Good luck brother--and keep us informed as to your results

2003 has burned me badly enough that I'm gonna skip at least the first 3 or 4 stages of 2004...
Reply to
Michael

yeah provided they actually work and dont bug out on us.

Same goes for that gear mate. Seems great but i suspect its very buggy and doesnt turn as acuratly as a gear should :P or so was teh case when i tried it. maybe it will get noticed and fixed before final.

Reply to
DWH

Yes i already do that. 3 times over. i love the whats new file :P

However... its no good creating a new car if it wont drive....

Reply to
DWH