Re: With JB You Can Always Count On...

Emotion And Commotion

Nothing against jeff beck per se, but watching rock'n'rollers recruit claissical musicians/orchestras for their I-IV-V chord extravaganzas (think Grand Funk Railroad) is like taking Mona Lisa's, Systine Chapels, and Picasso's, and using them for table mats in a fast food restaurant.

In a word, musical hubris...... goodgawd.....

This applies to the Beatles, as well.

If you want a musical thrill AND education, listen to Jacques Loussier doing Vivaldi's Seasons. Every person with a kid in music class/school/studying an instrument should get this CD.

Loussier's Play Bach series was, of course, legendary, but a bit more esoteric. The Vivaldi thing is more "understandable", surprisingly true to the original. Vivaldi:

starts at 0:30; not crazy about the bossa nova improv, but OK

Winter -- starts slow, but hang in there.... 01:20 will knock you out.... catch the bass.... Note the stunningly low 1,274 hits.... compare to the Jonas Bros... a true commentary on our effingly useless bankrupt culture.

You can find a bunch of his Play Bach series, as well.

This is all, of course, waaaay of jb's head, but then so are spreadsheets and manual contouring, and, or course, mastercam.

Reply to
Existential Angst

Ackshooly, I did! Some of that celtic stuff is really niced stuff. BUTT.... I sort of bristle at the las vegas-type mega productions they turn all this into -- Reminds me of the Yanni mega-productions -- which I think turns effing music into a methamphetamine injection, which I don't think was god's original intent for music, but then we (the cultural "we") tend to megafy everygoddammthing.

At this point, about all's I can handle is one instrument at a time..... cain't take the effing drama anymore.

Reply to
Existential Angst

Yeah, he went quiet for a while, typical when he loses YET Another job. Too messed up to even post, and finally now he is on a fresh batch of happy pills.

Actually, he didn't lose the job. He still may know where it is, but there may be a court order preventing him from going there.

Since he gets shot down every time he tries to blabber about software he is trying out his new fog induced career as a DJ. He just doesn't know where to find an audience that didn't already know how to use youtube.

Being the Energizer Dummy he just keeps going, and Going, and getting crazier and crazier. Like a poodle wearing a skirt and dancing on his back legs, he can't even understand that everyone is laughing at him.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

You gotta' admire Jon's thorough ownership of a small group of people.

The man is indeed a True Master of his Craft. :)

Reply to
Black Dragon

Whatever. Let me know how the low temp. stuff works out.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Partial truth there -- We all DO seem willing to dance, on command!!

But, the other truth remains, that jb fancies himself a puppeteer, and that in itself is deranged. He puppeteers because he can't really contribute.

That we respond to tugs on our strings is another issue. Mebbe a bunch of us miss JHS as well, eh??

Reply to
Existential Angst

It's true. Joe788 and James Meyette were admiring Jon's madd skills on the eMastercam forum recently, and Jon hasn't (that I'm aware of anyway) been around there for several months now.

I passed the information uphill and it's mostly out of my hands now. Our metrology guy has some wax like substance he says will do the job. I seriously doubt it'll do it accurately and have made my opinion known.

If I have to grind those threads three times instead of two because they're still worried about not getting it right the second time, I'm going to get royally pissed off.

Reply to
Black Dragon

LOL It's likely that they didn't want to spend the $100.00 per pound this sort of material costs.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Jon was just outed and banned again two or three weeks ago, and he's certainly still there lurking in the darkness like Gollum.

Meanwhile, he's still desperately pretending to be me. Which certainly display 100% ownership if there ever was such a thing. He also started calling people's service providers threatening lawsuits. Again, full,

100% ownership to the level that Jon decided to take it to real life. ===================================================

Really? Whose? People on amc? On what basis?

Talk about chutzpuh! Chutzpuh: After Menendez-ing yer parents, asking the judge for leniency cuz yer an orphan.

BD does have a minor point, but rather than ownership, I'd say jb just stimulates the JHS nerve, or some shit like that.

Plus, another analogy... It's one thing for an asshole to walk up to you/your wife and grab her ass and then run away. Most of proly wouldn't chase him down.

It's another to have someone grab her ass and then just stand there..... jb is the latter. Altho "wino" was fine, too, but a panhandling wino who just won't go away, so you can't quite ignore him.

Oh, the joe788 thing -- notice that jb doesn't put his name anywhere on his posts anymore, apropos of lambasting anyone who did same previously. Except in jb's case, instead of anonymity or privacy, he's just acting like the skulking deranged criminal he really is.

Reply to
Existential Angst

I've been to that rodeo more than once with those people.

I'm not a business person so I'm quite ignorant in these matters. Can someone explain to me how it's better to spend days doing something that can be done in hours if a few hundred bucks were spent up front on the proper materials to do the job?

Reply to
Black Dragon

LOL I've been down the wax road, for a minute. I found that it didn't release distortion free enough to give me confidence and was flaky to measure. You only have to close in on screwing up a $2,500.00 core once to be business person enough. Especially if your customer is tapping his foot waiting for parts.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Not much needed to push a broom off-shift.

Reply to
Cliff

They've got 11 CNC mills 1/3 of which sit idle 90% of the time, at least

10 seats of licensed CAD/CAM systems (Mastercam & Cimatron - full 3D capabilities) only half of which get used for their intended purpose on a good day, and I just found out a brand spanking new Prototrac is being delivered next week.

That answered my question as to why the electrician was there today.

I can't get them to buy spot drills (the retards still insist on using center drills), cobalt drills, thread mills, and high shear endmills to cut Inconel in a timely manner but they've got money to piss away on toys they don't need?

Methinks it's time to make myself available for employment once again.

Maybe I should start another thread about the clueless shit people put up with to keep their jobs?

Reply to
Black Dragon