rotate slower in SW2007

hi, have just started playing with SW2007 - anyone else finding the rotate with middle wheel pauses before actually starting to rotate?

Have ATI V5100 video card, SW2007 SP1, Pentium Extreme and 2GB RAM - this machin shouldnt' be slow. Or is this another instance when you have to upgrade your computer to upgrade Solidworks and have it run as it was running 10 minutes ago?

Thanks

Lee

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign

Notice that there is a change in how SW2007 rotates with the middle button. In SW2006, you would MMB click and release on the corner you wish to use as the center of rotation to select it. Then you would MMB click and hold again to actually rotate. Now with SW2007 you MMB click and hold and rotate all on the first click. This could be the difference that you are seeing - I'm not seeing any slowdown at all.

Also keep in mind that if you have a large file open, and you are having trouble rotating, etc. without it jerking and having to wait for it, that having the shaded view with edges is slower than without the edges turned on.

WT

Reply to
WT

yeah, I susses the difference, and to be honest I think it's a much better way to rotate about a slected entity. But I definately get a pause before rotating - but then it is an imported file made up of lots of surfaces, so maybe that's the issue.

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign

You know, after I wrote that, I started playing with it a bit more and I am finding that it's not a consistent action. Sometimes it works just fine - other times it just rotates about some other center. I also found that sometimes I can click and rotate about a point that is just clicked on a face, but it's not the rotate normal to an axis perpendicular to that face as you would expect, it's as if I had picked a vertex there. Hmmm, strange indeed - bears watching to figure out.

WT

Reply to
WT