section view on center line

I create a lot of gears and I want to make section views of the gear on the center line of the part. What is the easiest way to make the section line be coincident to the center line of my part?

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan Feculak

If you are talking about in a drawing, put your construction line on the paper and then make it coincident to the center plane. You DID create them with center planes, didn't you???

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Add a sketch point and add a concentric between a circular feature or sketch in the drawing. Next add a coincident relationship between the point and line. Make sure the line is in the correct orientation for your purpose.

Kman

Reply to
Kman

View-Origins, and draw a centerline and add midpoint relation between origin and line (you have the origin in the middle right?). Then you hide origins again.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

To Kman.

You are give very good advices to him too.

This what you say is what I was too doing. But now I make relize that if I go to the VIEW->TEMPORAY AXIS I the not need to make center concentrics point any more.

Simple save me on steps. I discover after many very many the times to make the center point. Now it goes for free by temp axis. When done, he turns off temporary axises viewing.

Sincerefully,

Habib

Reply to
Habib

Hello towarts You!!

Or the too make visible temprary axis if they center become not on original point.

Sincerefully,

Habib

(possible send twice, once earlier sorry please)

Reply to
Habib

Yes, good tip! Kman

Reply to