Sheet Metal Woes

Hello all,

I've recently come across a problem with the sheet metal stuff in SWX2006 SP4.1.

We often do a range of sheet metal bits in SWX and produce layflats/DXF files from them. Most of them are stainless steel items with seam-selded corners to create watertight enclosures.

Now, all of our parts in the past have been created with the "tear" relief geometry in the corners (as opposed to rectangular etc.) as this gives an easier product to seal-weld afterwards. Lately though, SWX has been unfolding these incorrectly, not including the tear geometry and not producing the right dimensions in a DXF for cutting (the edges are in the wrong place).

Even when doing a simple open-topped box, it's easy to see that the corner geometry goes awry when trying to unfold. Interestingly enough if you use a rectangular auto-relief in the corners, it works fine. This started being noticed a couple of months ago and it seems to be doing it on all of our SWX seats.

This could be a major problem for us if we don't find a solution to this bug fast.

Anyone out there experienced or can replicate this issue? ANy known fixes? I've just spent an afternoon tearing my hair out :(

George.

Reply to
George Maddever

I have not seen it here on my sm parts. How about sending me one and I will see if it's correct or not here.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for that, I've sent you an e-mail at the address you submit to the news group from, Please let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

George Maddever.

Reply to
George Maddever

It hasn't shown up yet - did you note that you have to remove the junk from the address?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Oops.... silly me