Sketch over a scan/jpeg?

How would I be able to place a scan/jpeg into SolidWorks and sketch over it? I tried placing it as a decal but when I go to begin my sketch the decal is no longer visible... Is this even possible?

Thanks

Reply to
idprieto

Select Tools -> Sketch Tools -> Sketch Picture...

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

Reply to
Brian Putnam

when editing a sketch, using pull downs, click TOOLS, then SKETCH TOOLS then SKETCH PICTURE.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Definitly insert the picture (I use tiffs) into a sketch - not just onto a plane outside a sketch. It's much easier to control the sketching over the picture if it's in the base sketch.

Diego

Brian Putnam wrote:

Reply to
Diego