Sketch over a scan/jpeg?

How would I be able to place a scan/jpeg into SolidWorks and sketch over it? I tried placing it as a decal but when I go to begin my
sketch the decal is no longer visible... Is this even possible?
Thanks

Select Tools -> Sketch Tools -> Sketch Picture...
-h-
Start a sketch by picking a plane or face. Tools/Sketch Tools/Sketch Picture This will let you pick a picture(jpg, etc). This is a really neat tool, in my opinion. Brian
idprieto wrote:

Definitly insert the picture (I use tiffs) into a sketch - not just onto a plane outside a sketch. It's much easier to control the sketching over the picture if it's in the base sketch.
Diego
Brian Putnam wrote:

when editing a sketch, using pull downs, click TOOLS, then SKETCH TOOLS then SKETCH PICTURE.
Keith