SW2007 SP0.0 - The Saga begins

Installation.

After a mind numbing 1.37 GB download the speed with which SW installed itself was a pleasant surprise. I opted to turn off SW Search. No point tempting fate with yet another MicroSoft "feature". I opted for the traditional install, downloaded files and installed from a network share. Anybody seen the disks yet?

Performance.

Loaded up STAR2.1, a benchmark macro I wrote. Was pleasantly surprised with the Chinese characters on the OK and Cancel buttons. Opened STAR

2.1 in the macro editor to see why it wouldn't execute. The whole editor has gone Chinese. And more importantly when I tried to step through the program F8 didn't work as expected. Hmmmm, what did I miss? Something new in the API? I'll have to try to read the help. Didn't know having alternate language support turned on would cause this. My desktop was set to english.

Gottcha.

First thing I did was go through Tools/Options/File Locations and make sure things like my production templates would not get discombobulated by using them in 2007. Sure enough they were defaulting to 2006 directories.

Is it just me?

Or does getting buttons to click with the mouse take just a little bit longer?

Gee Whiz.

Those little dial gadgets on dimension control boxes are kind of cool.

Don't catch your trousers on the sharp edges.

The property manager dialog boxes now have sharp edges instead of rounded ones.

Reply to
TOP

The CD's usually don't come for about a month after the initial web release so we probably won't see CD's until Sept. 1st.

Reply to
ken.maren

Interesting. The question now is, will they be SP0.0 or SP1.0 DVDS?

Star Trek --- The Final Frontier

SW SP0 --- The Final Beta

Reply to
TOP

INSTALLING FROM DOWNLOAD

Just wondering if anyone knows if installling from a download will be upgradable when SPs come out. I seem to remember upgrades typically only work on installs from CD/DVD.

Reply to
TOP

Usually what has to happen is you have to update the download using the CD/DVD when it gets here. Then you can update when SPs become available