Software for illustration of technical manuals

Could someone point me to a software that can input SW assemblies, explode and/or move and hide components, and output a drawing view to be used in a maintenance manual?

TIA

JM

Reply to
Jean Marc

Sounds like SolidWorks is what you are looking for....

John Harland

Reply to
John H

We use SolidWorks for that.

Reply to
TOP

For simple assemblies you can use eDrawings, with this program you can open Solidworks assemblies. Hide, make transparant and move components. Output can be done by save-as JPG (or print to pdf). eDrawings can be downloaded for free from solidworks.com website. \/\/im

Reply to
\/\/im

I'd be surprised if that gave him what he needs, though I'm on SW2004, so maybe eDrawings has been enhanced since then.

Yes, you can move parts around to "explode" the assembly, but this is only a temporary dragging (i.e. no real control) out of their normal position and cannot be saved - the components will be back in their original positions when you reopen the file.

Regards, John Harland

Reply to
John H

Try this site.

The product is IPA Professional

They are one of SolidWorks partners.

Speaking if which, you might want to check out the SoildWorks web site for more partners.

Reply to
scota

Another company is Quadrispace

Len