Solidworks 2005 User Agreement, and personal use

To the SW users that have SW at work, and a copy at home, are you aware it is against the EULA to use SW for personal profit?

In other words, you havea legal installation of SW at home, and design a part for a small fee for a freind, you are in Violation.

Do you guys have your own seat purchased wit hyour own money to do this??.. I was surprised by this, but got it from SW themselves...I would think it would be between you and your work (cause you are using their stuff to make money with), but not according to SW..

Comments??

Reply to
lowpass08

in short, unenforceable, so irrelevant.

Reply to
Michael

How about selling stuff online?? lets say you make small runs of parts for people, just a "garage" machine shop kinda deal...More evidence for them?? Selling parts on eBay??...

Reply to
lowpass08

I bought my personal copy back in '96. IIRC it took the first 3 jobs to pay for it.

Malcontent

Reply to
Malcontent

Would it be legal if I charged the friend on behalf of the company and the company gave me 100% of the fee he was charged?

Laz

Reply to
Laz

I'm not a lawyer, but I think if it went to court, you'd be in deep shit.

Malcontent

Reply to
Malcontent

You could bypass this by getting a copy of SolidWorks Personal Edition, has watermarks and stuff but it would be YOUR own personal edition of SolidWorks.

Reply to
Wry&Dry