Solidworks starts randomly

At work (using 2008) Solidworks starts randomly when it should be shut down. Has anyone heard of this happening before and know why?

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
will

well there is something definitely wrong there SW is designed to close randomly when it operates I wouldnt report this as a bug but rather keep it quiet and start selling copies to disaffected users out of your trunk after user meetings.

-its most likely any similar incidents have been hushed up by SW marketing and the mutant source recovered quickly.

take care out there its a pleasure to assist you will ps send me a copy ;)

Reply to
neil

Itr his most likely the new dissection feature in 2008. It builds an file image of your SW parts automatically at a specified time of the day.

You can disable at Tools>Options>Search

Regards

Mark

Reply to
mbiasotti

Mark,

I haven't experienced this. Probably because I turned search off so that my PDM would be driving since it does a good part of what dissection does.

My question for you is this. Suppose dissection is running in the background and it has a document D:\Dir_A\Part.sldprt loaded. Suppose I then open SW in the foreground and load an assembly built with D: \Dir_B\Part.sldprt in it. What will I get in the assembly? D:\Dir_A \Part.sldprt or D:\Dir_B\Part.sldprt.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

I don't believe that currently loaded SLDPRT parts are affected. Dissection only opens the part (read only) so that .mdb files can be created in your Documents and Settings\mbiasotti\Application Data \SolidWorks 2008\Scheduler folder.

Reply to
mbiasotti