Solidworks to 3dsmax to Vray

Hi
I whant to get my models into 3dmax to render using the Vray engine.
But i get many error or loss of details in conversion.
What can i do?
I think the preferred export out of SolidWorks for Max is STEP or SAT? You should have Brep (Step, Sat or IGES) import option in Max?
..

btw, don't take my word on that... thinking back... it maybe a plugin which offers this functionality? anyhow, I would believe (but this is AutoDe$k) that they have a brep or nurbs translator by now??
..