Somone who can help me find a macro I need?

Hello everybody! I need a macro wich search thru a folder, finds all assemblys and parts in that folder. Then the macro takes the properties, wich are used, and export them to an excel-file or a text document.

Is there anyone out there who have a macro like this i would be very intrested to take part of it.

Reply to
theswede78

Search this group for DSOLE file. You can use this free utility through API to read in the custom properties really quickly from a folder. It has been explained many times with example code. Then putting the into excel isn't too hard. I would run the whole thing through an excel macro, Unless you have to open each part and get Config Specific Custom Props.

Dim StartCell as Range Dim ListofProps as Variant Dim count as long

startCell = Excel.activesheet.range("A1") count = 0 For count = 0 to ubound(ListOfProps) 'fill column A with the data from your Array startCell.offset(count+1,0).value2 = ListOfProps(count) next

Regards,

Corey

Reply to
CS

I am sorry it isn't DSOLE it is DSOFILE.dll

Reply to
CS

Hi,

u d>I am sorry it isn't DSOLE it is DSOFILE.dll

Reply to
Luka Vilar

Hi, as far as i know from ver. 2k, it's main part of SolidWorks Explorer (SwDocumentMgr.dl) and it's not mentioned anyware, but when i was working on my project i was forced to find and use it...

When work>When was that added.

Reply to
Luka Vilar

thanks for all tips. I h=E1ven=B4t worked that uch with macros and dll files. When you say just use the SwDocumentManager.dll. What is the procedure to get the properties to an excel document?

Reply to
theswede78