SP4.0

Anybody tried it out yet? any troubles? any fixs? Bill

Reply to
Bill

no problems so far

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Geling

We are installing using the CDs and the update process requires all three CDs to be inserted and the 1st and 3rd a second time. One of our older PCs the dsik space on C:\ was too small and the upgrade failed. As a result, it corrupted the install file.

T> > Anybody tried it out yet? any troubles? any fixs?

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
kellnerp

I found I had to remove the install files in the C:\winnt\install directory to recover the space. Which of coarse messes up the windows installer.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

that is such a PITA. You'd think that with the size of the SP they'd have everything they need in that file, and would only need CD1 to verify you have the software.

It's called F:\program files\solidworks.

It's actually the only program on f:\progra~1. Everything else is on E:\progra~1.

I can't believe that even with hard drives as large as they are nowadays, that drive space is still at a premium. :(

-nick e.

Reply to
Nick E.

been running intensively for a week now and no problems ... last sp3 had about 1 ctd per 2days usually saving after intensive assy/config/loooong feature tree parts session. So far so good with sp4.

Reply to
Mark Sanders