Spanning two monitors - SW2004

Hello,

Is there a way to span two monitors in SW2004? I want to be able to move an open part from my primary monitor to the second monitor, but it won't go. Other applications work fine (Photoshop, MS Office apps, etc.)

Thanks!

Mike Tripoli

Reply to
miket

That may depend on what video card and drivers you're using. My QuadroFX

1100 on 67.22 In DualView mode just plain works on both monitors. Maximizinga doc within SW even maximizes to the monitor, and not the whole desktop spanning SW window.
Reply to
Dale Dunn

I have the same video card, and was using the 70.41(Beta) driver, which I uninstalled and installed the "official"driver. Maybe I wasn't clear; I can move the whole Solidworks "window" from one monitor to the other; however, I cannot move just one "part" window from the primary monitor to the secondary monitor. I can open two Word docs and move one of the docs to the second window. I can move toolbars from one monitor to the other in SW. I would like to have one part open on the second monitor, for reference for instance, without having to select back and forth between parts. Odd that moving the toolbars works, but not moving part windows.

BTW, running DualView as well.

MT

Reply to
miket

There are settings in hte drivers having to do with allowing child windows to span multiple monitors. Maybe this is the problem.

Reply to
Dale Dunn