Stripping Down Vista?

The following summary & its references & comments might be useful to those who want to run Vista posted on:

Software Tool Strips Windows Vista To Bare Bones Posted by CmdrTaco on Monday January 28, @07:23AM

Preedit writes "A free download that can cut Windows Vista's gargantuan footprint by half or more is developing a big following on the Internet. vLite is a configuration tool that lets users automatically delete a lot of unnecessary Vista components -- such as Windows Media Player and MSN installer -- to pare the OS down to a reasonable size. The software is catching on. An InformationWeek story notes that a forum that asks users to suggest new features has drawn nearly 50,000 page views.

Reply to
Bo

If you read the comments in Slashdot, some users also discuss using a similar tool to strip down Windows XP. One user noted putting XP on a flash device.

Something to learn every day.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

Yep, I've used it, nLite for XP is typically what is used to run on virtual systems. This way, you're running at about native speed, definitely worth using.

I have not tried the vLite.

..

Reply to
zxys

I have also used nLite, it can easily create 350 megabytes XP installation cd. Very nice tool. Propably skipping Vista in every way :-)

regards Markku

Reply to
Markku Lehtola