Warning about Micrsoft Vista Ultimate and Microsoft Office for Business

I use a Pentium quad HP with 3 gigs of ram. This is a new system and all software is the real thing and I paid the full price. I have just spent
another 3 hours with this piece of shit with programs acting up, not closing properly, printer having to be set to XPS to get programs to close and on and on it goes. It is erratic, unstable, and an absolute piece of shit. Do not buy a machine with Vista in it! My Laptop that has XP outperforms my desktop.
Oh yes, for you nay sayers, I have owned about 20 computers starting with the Osborne 8 bit machine in 1982 and I program in JavaScript, Perl, VB NET, Mbasic, FoxPro, and Fortran. I have degree in Mathematics. Microsoft allowed this product to ship without proper quality assurance. No wonder their stock is down to about 17.
blue_collar_worker wrote:

I disagree. It's more like a boat anchor once it's installed. But, u nder the right circumstances, it can be turned into a usable machine as long as the user is willing to mount the learning curve, which is substantial when what they expected was an upgrade to windows, not a totally different os, which it is. Vista 7 is the same thing too. XP is going to be my last Microsoft OS.
Do not buy a machine with

The real suck is that MS has done all they could to make it very difficult to downgrade back to any other operating system because of the new hardware used.
Fortunately I had enough experience thru client's machines to realize this ahead of time. The only reason to upgrade is when the upgrade will result in something better, more useful or more efficient. Vista doesn't fit any of those, even after removing all the glitter and crap, which is mostly what I do to get them to run to the clients will have something to use. Now if only I could get more clients other than the ones wanting to downgrade I'd love it. I'm pretty sick of the whole experience with Vista.

Twayne wrote:

...AFTER paying the Microsoft Tax(tm). Linux doesn't cost you a dime. WINE doesn't either.

...until they shut down their activation servers and you find you can't reinstall.

Time and again, folks use Linux + WINE to replace Windoze. http://google.com/search?q=cache:WylmdyV5tHQJ:games.slashdot.org/games/08/02/02/0236200.shtml+games.that+Wine.with.OpenGL+by.using.Wine.or.DOSBox+didn 't.run.under.Vista+inc+shocked.me+but.did.in.Linux+how.easy.it.was.to.find+Without.Cedega http://google.com/search?q=cache:Q-FwZ5woBNIJ:slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/02/03/0112249 +*-*-a-lot-of-those+increased-*-sales+*-*-*-Windows-apps-that-run-on-WINE+*-not-on-Vista+than-*-Vista-is+*-*-upgrade-*-*-*-*-*-*+Wine.is.more.compatible.with.Windows.apps+*-*.*-*-count+*-*-*-*-*-*.*-popular-*+*-*-are-broken+rss+significantly#26704881 and find that *gasp* WINE is more Windows-compatible than Windows is (especially Vista).
...and faster: http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?mode=nested&threshold=1&sid=1014363&cid=25587849#25588063
The trick some folks miss is to get one of the dependencies utilities like WineTricks http://google.com/search?q=cache:sABzPQqFFMEJ:wiki.winehq.org/winetricks+cabextract+or.fonts +*-for-getting-*-programs-working-*-*+License+only+may.not.work.well+environment.variable+older-versions-*-*+redistributable.runtime.libraries+may-limit-*-*-*-*-support-*-*&strip=1 or Wine-Doors. http://google.com/search?q=cache:J1e4e_4bo28J:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine-Doors+Some.applications+c +*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-ease-the-use-*-*-*+terms+501+makes.it.difficult+automatically+The.Wine.project+*-*-GNOME-*+*-*-tweaking+*-*-install-*-components-*-*-*-*+text+adds-functionality-*-*&strip=1

There is no such product, retard boy.

Only if you jump off that bridge or eat that bullet as promised. Please do so. Your CRAP is gumming up the group.

They must be real stupid to have hired a twit like you.

Try a course in grammar, idiot. Maybe then your "professional profile" will be more appealing to real clients that want real work done.

Said the retard that doesn't even know that top posting and Usenet do not mix. This ain't email, retard. Take a hike, troll boy. You are about as bad as it gets, and that is aside from your stupidity level.
To posting bugs you, eh? Well, you snipped out the reason for the top post, but considering the childish momma's favorite you sound like, it's not surprising. I will do and post and say exactly what I want, as I want, when I want, how I want, and there is not a single thing a childish moron like you can do about it. If you ever get past the early teens (mentally) you might begin to see how the world works. Your ignorance is broadly exposed and noted. There, I've fed the troll; now I shall proceed to starve it<G>.
Mr.Eko wrote:

No, idiot. What you did is get yourself into the kill filters of nearly every member of the group.
Glad I could help you become even more oblivious than we all already knew you were. I didn't expect you to have any clue as to the level of your utter stupidity. Funny that you actually though that I was thinking I could "do something about it". Funny, because whether you believe it or not, I did do something about it. You were manipulated just like Ben Linus manipulates the people around him. You lose. I win. You got filtered far more than I ever have. Not only are you oblivious, you are also now a non-entity.

This is an electrical engineering group, not some asswipe's piss and moan forum about his TPOS computer purchase choices.
If you were any more retarded, I'd swear that you were Roy.

More bullshit "statistics".

Only for idiots, which encompasses quite a large number of "user" level dopes.
It works fine for me, and always has, and Windows 7 is working fine as well.
Sorry sad losers can piss and moan all they want. The fact is that it works for many, and doesn't on shit hardware.
Since you ARE 'shit hardware', I doubt anything men made for man's use would work for a sub-human scumbag like you.