SW is unable to obtain required memory

Anyone ever managed to free enough memory to hit the retry button and make it work again? Me never..... but today I found out that if I ignore the message and hit the save button instead I can make it....ie. save the last changes before take off to desktop. I closed as many unnecceary apps as possible and then saved it ...even twice to be sure, and it worked.

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Sporkman

LOL. More like exploding aeroplane and flaming parachute.

I noticed this as well, but always wondered if my flaming parachute would burn a bit of my files on the way down. In other words, if the program was going to crap I didn't want to chance a few thousand files getting corrupted. I'd be careful!

Didn't you read about this in the User Manual on page 563? I bet a useless rabid uninformed modeler wouldn't have this issue! Jon? Jon!? Are you and Cliffy out there?

On a similar note, a former coworker of mine found that AutoCAD 2002 can run the task manager over 2GB (with 2GB of RAM installed). This was on the same machine that SolidWorks took a dump at ~1.6GB. AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE 3GB SWITCH OR THE OS. If one app can go over the physical RAM limit than another app should be able to as well, right? So where does the finger get pointed? Well after much run-around by SolidWorks the blame comes back on them again. Great delaying tactic I might add. It's been obvious that they do not understand memory allocation nor care to fix it anytime soon since they admittedly have an issue with it. Sorry for the rant for the sensitive people. Sorry for calling you sensitive too.

Reply to
Jeff N