SW2004: What's New?

OK.

I'm out of the loop. I didn't participate in the beta program, I haven't run out and downloaded the pre-release, and I didn't attend the VAR's rollout spiel. But I'm dying to know what the new features are. Would anyone be so brave as to upload a copy of the "What's New" PDF to a web site and post a link to the newsgroup? Or email the link (or the file) to me if your shy?

Also, what are your impressions of new features?

Anything earth-shattering, or just plain cool? Of course, this is always a personal thing, depending on how you work and the kinds of things you do. With 2003, disjointed bodies was earth-shattering. It totally changed the way that I modeled a lot of things that are fairly ordinary objects, like tubes. On the other hand (don't laugh), but I have really enjoyed the Insert Centerline feature (on cylindrical objects) in drawing mode. I use this so often, I think I've worn the button out.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Morales

Thanks to the individual who sent me the file and shall remain nameless to protect the helpful

I still haven't seen any reviews/impressions/favorite features from you folks. From the What's New, I don't see any "gotta have" features that make me want to go and install the pre-release right away, or SP0.0 when it comes out, for that matter.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Morales

B. van Welzenis quipped:

i'm pretty sure your NDA period has expired. I d/l-ed the PR without any kind of NDA.

so talk away.

-nick e.

Reply to
Nick E.