SWW2008 Mass Mailing hoax?

I've gotten two emails from someone purporting to be Dan Welsh at SW regarding SWW2008 signup. There are a few strange aspects to the email.

The email is CC'd to people on this NG.

The email is from dan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com not directly from SW.

The email has a link to a signup page:

(I munged the URL a bit so nobody will accidently go there.)

I haven't followed the link simply because it would appear that the sender is not legit.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

I would presume the intended purpose would be to glean your credit card info.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Did you see the real one? The hotel rates in SD are unbelievable. I stayed in Orlando for 50$ a night. For one night in SD I could have done all of Orlando or NOLA.

TOP

PS Tommorrow, the 21st, is the last day of double discounted rates.

Reply to
TOP