SWX partfile export to Variamatrix (VX)

Anyone got any experience of exporting solidworks 2004 sp3 parts to VX (I don't know which version).

I have tried iges but my client says this does not work.

TIA

Kev

Reply to
Kev Parkin

Send them a parasolid VX will accept these.

Reply to
Rocko

Thanks, Do you know which works best though:

Parasolid *.x_t or Parasoild Binary *.x_b

Kev.

Reply to
Kev Parkin

should be the same quality, binary files being significantly smaller in size.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

FYI, I managed to transfer the files using *.x_t format saving it with the ver.8 option (default ver.15).

My client said the *.x_b files would not open (message said incompatible file type) - I don't know what was going on there!

Anyway, job done!

BTW he said he was using VX ver 8.1 if that means anything to anyone.

Thanks,

Kev

Reply to
Kev Parkin