the crippeled "sketch scale" function

why, why, why cant we scale non-unifrom sketch entities, like we do with feature scale? i wish solidworks will add this to its sketch functions......

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

Feature Scale does not retain parametric parameters, sketch scale does. How would you propose we non-uniformly scale and arc?

Regards

Mark

Gil Alsberg wrote:

Reply to
mbiasotti

Do it like Adobe Illustrator, or how you do decals. Perhaps you can make this possible with Sketch blocks. So I can squish and squash the block.

Reply to
parel

I know its not SolidWorks, but take a look at the video link below, especially the bending of the ring design.

In 'Pictures by PC' all sketch entities can be un-uniformly scaled including Bezier & Nurbs curves, arcs, text etc.

Alec

Reply to
Alec

functions......- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Reply to
Jason

its simple: turn it into an elipse, like rhino does! even if parametrics are not maintained this would be useful.......

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

I would like a choice. Either turn it into an ellipse, or scale it uniformly by a factor that I choose. The default would be the average of the x and y scale factors.

Jerry Steiger