Thumbnail images in Windows Explorer Not Working

Ok, I have Solidworks 2007 sp3.0 I can not get solid works thumbnails to show up in windows wxplorer, In the options, I have the box next to "Show thumbnails grapihics in Windows Explorer" CHECKED. I have tried to turn them on and off and back on again, and still nothing! IS there some where in windows that I should be looking???

Chris

Reply to
Chris Bourgeois

How about in Windows Explorer, Hit, View, Thumbnails, that may help!!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

OK, I guess I deserved that! But I did make sure that my Windows Explorer view was set to thumbnail mode.

So whats next???

Reply to
Chris Bourgeois

OK, I guess I deserved that! But I did make sure that my Windows Explorer view was set to thumbnail mode.

So whats next???

Reply to
Chris Bourgeois

OK, I guess I deserved that! But I did make sure that my Windows Explorer view was set to thumbnail mode.

So whats next???

Reply to
Chris Bourgeois

OK, I guess I deserved that! But I did make sure that my Windows Explorer view was set to thumbnail mode.

So whats next???

Reply to
Chris Bourgeois

OK, I guess I deserved that! But I did make sure that my Windows Explorer view was set to thumbnail mode.

So whats next???

Reply to
Chris Bourgeois

Chris,

For a thumbnail to appear, the metadata (preview bmp, etc) has to be in each file. Have the files you are attempting to view in Windows Explorer been stripped of their metadata. For example, have you used the common Unfrag program to strink their file sizes?

Another possibility is that your install of SolidWorks may be corrupt somehow, or the files themselves may be corrupt in some way.

Additionally, I'd like to recommend not having the preview in Explore option turned on. This will drastically slow down your computer everytime you access any directory with SW files reside. Use the SW Explorer instead.

Matt

fcsuper

I don't know! I don't know! I don't know! I don't know! I don't know!

;-)

Mike

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

[...]

What do you see as the icon in Windows Explorer instead of the thumbnail image? Is it just the SW doc symbol or is it something else?

Files that have not been saved in their own windows (were saved from an assembly or drawing) will not have a thumbnail to show.

I agree with the recommendation to turn off the setting in SW, Tools, Options, General, Show thumbnail ... in Windows Explorer. You don't need that setting to use the Thumbnail view in Windows Explorer.

Another possibility is that you just have a large directory and it is taking a while to display the images.

Reply to
matt

Matt,

What I see for icon's are the 3 solidworks icons you would see when you are in "List View" Mode. So I guess they are the SW Doc symbols....

I have saved them with solidworks in the part mode...or assy mode when im working with assy's.

it doesn't matter how many files are in the directory....

Chris

Reply to
Chris Bourgeois