Unfolding surface into flat sheet

Baren-Boym Company will introduce two new SW add ons at the SolidWorks Conference in January in Boston (BOOTH # 17)

UnfoldWorks is designed to unfold compound surfaces into a flat sheet.

ExchangeWorks is designed to transfer data from new versions of SolidWorks to older versions with design tree features (80% of features already working) The new format will not depend on the SW version.

Look for announcement at

Thanks Michael Barenboym

Reply to
Baren-Boym Company

How does it do that for nondevelopable surfaces? Should be pretty simple for developable.

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Cliff,

We will have the answer for you in January.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
Baren-Boym Company

Mike, Be nice if you knew now . Non-developable ==> flat sheet ....

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Cliff,

I don't know yet. My development team is working on that. Hopefully we will introduce it at SW Conference in Boston.

Thanks Michael.

Reply to
Baren-Boym Company

Michael, I may be a bit strange but I've always tended to think one should at least know how to do something before making new product announcements of same .

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Michael (or anybody), How did this work out??

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

I just emailed them today asking about this. They said, "give us about a month."

Reply to
ne-iowan