Upgraded to Office in 6 minutes

For all you folks who don't like the time it takes to add a freakin' service pack, ponder this. I had SW 2004 on my machine. I went through the hassles of upping it a few times, all the way to sp2.1.

We upgraded to SW Office. No problem I figured. But wait, maybe there will be...? I gave it a go. It went from the original CD's to completion in 6 minutes. How did it do that?

When you install the regular version, it doesn't install the Office stuff, right? I didn't even have it install RealView, since my card was an oldie, which supposedly saved 450mb or so. I installed 3 SP's since then, which obviously installs, or remembers, the WHOLE program. When I went to "Add/Remove" and "modified" SW, it asked for the original CD's and read off of them, apparently installing the extra stuff I choose, including RealView this time (new card going in). Then I put in CD #2 and #3 when requested. Done. Everything is at SP2.1, I'm guessing. So it went and installed the original PhotoWorks, Animator, RealView, etc., to sp2.1 in 6 minutes...?

Takes 2 hours to do just the SW portion, and 6 minutes to add the goodies? Weird....

Mr. Pickles

Reply to
Mr. Pickles

(this seemed appropriate,..some may know where this comes from?)

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call the Ambiguity Zone".

(Sound FX: Twilight Zone Theme)

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador