Yacolt thanks to Richard Charney

Thanks to Richard Charne

Today two drafters complained about their files not being in sync wit

the files they had take out of PDMWorks. Having read your post abou daylight savings I printed out your info from your VAR?s email. (W didn?t get an email from our VAR), anyway it was nice I had som input

Who knows if that was the problem or not, but at least I ha

something. They took the printout to IT and no doubt it was groun into the cogs of company policy.

It is irreversible that the drafting department is the step child o

the marriage between management and PDMWorks. I am only hopeful tha I will be able to call *works - Mother - without using the other wor with it

They got the vault with the fastener library on the same fast drive;

guess at some point we?ll find out if it?s hardware or software

But for the time being I avoid the vault like the plague. Never chec

out files, open them as read only, save as over the file to get write file, and at some point - I?m told - I can take ownership without opening the file, and check what I?ve done into the vault Who knows - but it sounds good

Another thing that bugs me is that when I go into the vault - at firs

I have the drawing, part, and assemble icons. Within 30 minuets o leaving the vault open the icons are gone. I have to read the fil extensions to tell what kind of file I?m looking for. What?s wit that

Anyway you guys rock!

Thanks, and no doubt I?ll be back

Reply to
YACOLT